Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I find a representative?
2. Can I order my cremation keepsake directly from My Crystal Companion?
3. How much cremated remains are needed to create a Crystal Companion?
4. How does My Crystal Companion keep track of my loved one?
5. How soon do I have to start making my memorial keepsake?
6. How much of the cremains become part of the memorial keepsakes?
7. What do finished memorial keepsakes looks like?
8. How long does the cremation keepsake process take?
9. When ordering my cremation jewelry, can I get any offered cut in any offered color in any offered metal?
10. What settings are offered for cremation jewelry?
11. Do the cremation jewelry and cremation keepsakes have cremains in them?
12. What if I accidentally break my cremation keepsake?
13. Are the cremation keepsakes and pet memorials made of a natural mineral?
14. What is the value of my cremation keepsake?
15. Why should I have a Crystal Companion cremation keepsake created?
Question: How do I find a representative?
- E-mail us at email@example.com
- Fax us at (732) 458-3942
- Call us at (732) 458-8700
- Click on Distributors on our website
One of our approved distributors will help you create your cremation keepsake. They will send us the cremated remains, and we will return them to the representative to return to you. This helps insure the integrity of the process. If you have any difficulty contacting a distributor, contact us.
We require approximately 4 tablespoons of cremains to produce a large memorial keepsake. You can send the ashes in a container secured in a double zip plastic bag, or a 35mm film canister, to your nearest representative with a completed and signed order form, or you can bring your urn to the distributor to decant. You can call us and we will send you a kit with instructions.
When we receive the package, our incoming department logs it in, assigns a serial number, and seals the item in its own container. This allows documented traceability throughout the process and insures against any possible confusion with another client’s package. The integrity of our process and the respect for loved ones charged to our care are of the utmost importance.
Your memorial keepsake can be created at any time. The age of the cremains has no bearing on the process. We can create crystal glass cremation jewelry and other memorial keepsakes from remains that have just been cremated or from ashes that you have stored in an urn or box for many years.
Approximately 5% to 20% of the memorial keepsakes are cremated remains. It will depend on which item you select, ranging from a teaspoon to 4 tablespoons. In most instances, you will have enough cremains left after your cremation keepsake is completed to make other keepsake jewelry, keep in an urn, scatter, or bury. We return any cremations not used in the process with your keepsake.
- If cremains were not added, the item would be transparent, with no color.
- When cremains are added to cremation jewelry and keepsakes, it adds character to each piece. The appearance will depend upon the chemical and mineral makeup of the cremains, the thoroughness of the cremation process, the amount of carbon present, and how the ashes are absorbed, among other factors. Our Cremation keepsake jewelry and memorials can range from a dark green or amber to almost clear.
- In some cases, only tiny gas bubbles are present in the crystal. In other cases, you may see a great deal of unabsorbed particulate matter. This matter could be evenly or unevenly distributed throughout the memorial keepsake. In other cremation keepsakes you may find that the particulate matter has been internally or peripherally concentrated.
- The differences of appearance in each piece of crystal glass cremation jewelry make them strikingly unique. Each cremation keepsake, like each person, has its own distinctive personality.
Question: How long does the cremation keepsake process take?
Please allow 8 to 10 weeks after we receive the cremains.
Question: What are my color options for the crystal glass cremation jewelry?
You may choose from several color options. Because all of our memorial jewelry contains cremains, we must stress that hue and shades may vary. Ultimately, color will depend on the essence and personality of your loved one’s cremains.
|Color ID #||Color||Color Description||Similar Gem Color|
|00||Natural||Varies from clear to amber to various shades of Green||Peridot, Lemon citrine or emerald|
|01||Red||Dark Transparent Red||Ruby , Garnet|
|02||Pink||Light Peach||Morganite or Pink Sapphire|
|03||Coral Brown||Very light Pinkish Rust||Padparadscha Sapphire, Sherry Topaz|
|04||Bronze||Dark Golden Cognac||Champagne Diamond, Golden citron or Topaz|
|05||Pale Yellow||Very light Yellow||Lemon Citron|
|06||Light Yellow||Canary Yellow with hit of Green||Peridot|
|07||Aqua||Pale Sky Blue||Aquamarine|
|08||Neo Lavender||Light Blue under artificial light / hint of lavender under natural light||Aquamarine/amethystine|
|09||Aqua Marine||Deep Sea Blue||Paraiba Tourmaline|
|12||Green||Dark Green||Dark Emerald or Jade|
|13||Royal Blue||Dark Blue||Sapphire|
|15||Antique White||Cream||Cream Pearl|
Yes, there are many options available to help you create personal memorial jewelry.
The cremation jewelry pendants, women’s rings and men’s rings are offered in 14 kt white gold, 14 kt yellow gold, and Sterling Silver.
No. We find that people prefer to choose their own chains.
If you should break your cremation jewelry or memorial keepsake, the pieces can be recast.
Question: Are the cremation keepsakes and pet memorials made of a natural mineral?
No. Memorial keepsakes are not diamonds, gems, or naturally grown crystal or mineral. They are created glass keepsakes made with the components of glass and cremains in a patented process to create a one of a kind unique stone. It is then individually molded, cast, and cut. They are much softer than a diamond which has a Mohs hardness of 10, and somewhat harder than onyx which has a Mohs hardness of 5.
Question: What is the value of my cremation keepsake?
- The value of your cremation keepsake is twofold. First, the value lies in the intrinsic beauty and uniqueness of the created design. But the true value is in the personality that is reflected by your loved one becoming part of a work of art that is a distinctive, one-of-a-kind creation.
- Contact your insurance agent to arrive at and insure your cremation keepsake for a stated amount. In case of loss or theft of your memorial keepsake, the insurance company will not consider the intrinsic, emotional, and personal value your cremation keepsake has for you.
Question: Why should I have a Crystal Companion cremation keepsake created?
Some people want something beautiful to hold as an everlasting connection to a loved one who has passed on. Others want to scatter the ashes, bury them, or keep them in an urn. With our cremation jewelry and memorial keepsakes, you can have both. You can also create multiple memorial keepsakes and cremain jewelry to pass on as heirlooms.